Don’t worry, we get it, we are all consumers, we order things online too. So we know that you care about how your information is used and abused. This policy sets out how we aim to protect the privacy of your information, your rights in relation to that information and the way we collect, holds, uses and discloses this information.
The information we learn from you is only used by us to personalise and continually improve your experience with us. You can choose not to provide certain information, but naturally the more we know about you the better our services get and the more we can fine tune things to suit you. So as always, it’s a catch 22.
Sometimes we may send you an email to let you know of specials, policy changes or order confirmations, but only if you want us to. You can always unsubscribe from anything so we don’t bother you too much.
We can reassure you that your information will never be passed on, sold or distributed to anyone else other than our supplier and delivery team.
Either way, here is the nitty gritty for the legal folks!!
Your rights in relation to Privacy
In handling your personal information, we will comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)(Privacy Act) and with the 13 Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act. In relation to your credit related information, we will also comply with the Credit Reporting Code as registered with the Australian Information Commissioner.
What is Personal Information
Personal Information is information or an opinion about an identified, or reasonably identifiable, individual. During the provision of its services, we may collect your personal information.
What Personal Information do we collectGenerally, the kinds of personal information we collect are:
- Contact and identification information such as your name and previous names, address and previous addresses, telephone number, email address, fax number, date of birth and gender
- Employment information such as your current and previous places of employment
- Banking details and/or credit card details where necessary to facilitate payments
- Information about your computer hardware and software, including IP addresses, domain names, access times and accessed website addresses to the extent this information constitutes personal information
- Previous purchases with us
How do we collect personal information
We collect your personal information directly from you, through the completion of a manual or online form, other interaction or exchanged in person or by way of telephone, fax, email, post or through the use of our website.
Why do we need your Personal InformationWe collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information, including credit related personal information, where it is reasonable necessary for the purposes of:
- Distributing computer and telecom products throughout Australia, including to you or your employer and operating our website
- Providing statistics regarding use of our website in order to deliver customised content and advertising to customers whose behaviour indicates an interest in a particular subject area, where they have consented to receive such advertising
- Servicing your customer account, responding to queries by you or your employers and maintaining a relationship with you
- Conducting market research and/or customer satisfaction research
- Facilitating and processing payments relating to you
- Facilitating appropriate insurance cover and assessing, processing and investigation insurance risks and/or claims relating to you
- Accounting, billing, record keeping, system development testing, staff training and/or other internal administrative purposes
- Identification, prevention and investigation of, and/or co-operation with relevant law enforcement bodies in relation to, any criminal or fraudulent activity relating to you
- Developing, establishing and administering business partnerships and other arrangements with other entities in relation to the promotion, administration and use of our products and services
- Identifying and informing you of products and services that may be of interest to you from us or selected third parties
- Identifying and informing you of events and training that may be of interest to you from us or selected third parties
- Debt collection
- Any other legal or regulatory requirements
We may also use your personal information for purposes related to the above and for which you would reasonably expect us to do so in the circumstances, or where you have consented or the use is otherwise in accordance with law. Where personal information is used or disclosed, we take steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure it is relevant to the purpose for which it is to be used or disclosed. You are under no obligation to provide your personal information to us. However, without certain information from you, we may not be able to provide our products and/or services to your or your employer.
We encourage you to review the privacy statements/policies of websites you choose to link to from our website so that you can understand how those websites collect, use, disclose and otherwise handle your information. We are not responsible for the privacy statements/policies or other content on websites outside of our website.
Who do we disclose your Personal Information toWe disclose your personal information for the purposes for which we collect it. That is, generally, we will only disclose your personal information for a purpose, or purposes, set out earlier. This may include disclosing your personal information to:
- Third parties engaged to perform administrative or other services, including delivery companies and mailing houses
- Entities who perform statistical analysis on behalf of us
- Vendors or entities considering acquiring an interest in our enterprise or assets
- Our professional advisors, contractors, consultants and related bodies corporate
- Insurance providers, insurance brokers and insurance underwriters
- Mercantile agents
- Debt collection providers
- Credit providers
We may use and disclose your personal information in order to inform you of products, services, promotions and events that may be of interest to you. In the event you do not wish to receive such communications, you can opt-out by contacting us via the contact details set out in the “How to contact us” section or through any opt-out mechanism contained in the marketing communication to you.
We will not use or disclose credit-related personal information for direct marketing purposes except to the extent permitted under the Privacy Act, for the purpose of the CRBs assessing your eligibility to receive direct marketing communications sent on behalf of us. You may make a request directly to the CRBs not to use your credit-related personal information for these credit related purposes.
Security of your Personal Information
We take steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the personal information, including credit related personal information, we hold is protected from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We hold personal information in both hard copy and electronic forms in secure databases on secure premises (including locks, firewalls, encryptions, such as the Secure Socket Layer protocol, log-ins and passwords, and other physical and network security measures as appropriate), accessible only by authorised staff. Staff are bound by security policies and confidentiality agreements, which are regularly revised and re-issued.
We will destroy or de-identify personal information (whether through shredding hardcopy documents or permanently deleting from its systems or de-identifying electronically-held information) in circumstances where it is no longer required, unless we are otherwise required or authorised by law to retain the information.
Our website uses session ‘cookies’ which are text files placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
Cookies used by us do not contain any of your personal information but enable us to recognise the number of times you access our website through your computer so that we can tailor the information made available to you with the view to making your visit to the website easier, faster and more productive.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify our browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of our services or web sites your visit.
Can you access this Information we hold
We take steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure personal information, including credit related personal information, we hold is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading. Under the Privacy Act, you have a right to access and seek correction of your personal information that is collected and held by us. If at any time you would like to access or correct the personal information that we hold about you, or you would like more information on our approach to privacy, please contact us via the contact details set out below. We will grant access to your personal information to the extent required or authorised by the Privacy Act or other laws and take steps reasonable in the circumstances to correct your personal information where necessary and appropriate.To obtain access to your personal information:
- You will have to provide proof of identity to ensure that personal information is provided only to the correct individuals and that the privacy of others is protected
- We request that you be reasonable specific about the information your require
- We may charge you a reasonable administrative fee, which reflects the cost to us, or providing access in accordance with your request.
We will endeavour to respond to your request to access or correct your personal information within 30 days from your request. If we refuse your request to access or correct your personal information, we will provide you with written reasons for the refusal and details of complaint mechanisms. We will nevertheless take steps reasonable in the circumstances to provide you with access in a manner that meets your needs and our needs.
If you are dissatisfied with our refusal to grant access to, or correct, your personal information, you may make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
How to contact us
For further information or enquiries regarding your personal information, or if you would like to opt-out of receiving any promotional communications, please contact our Privacy Compliance Officer atIT Networks Australia Pty Ltd firstname.lastname@example.org
1300 88 40 09
Privacy ComplaintsPlease direct all privacy complaints to our Privacy Compliance Officer. At all times, privacy complaints:
- Will be treated seriously
- Will be dealt with promptly
- Will be dealt with in a confidential manner
- Will not affect your existing obligations or affect the commercial arrangements between you and us
Our Privacy Compliance Officer will commence an investigation into any complaint made by you to us. You will be informed of the outcome of your complaint following completion of the investigation. In the event that you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint or seek an extension to the time in which we will resolve it, you may refer to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.